Approved External Program Submissions
Requirements for ASCH Approved External Programs
ASCH Approved Consultants, Component Sections, or other professional medical entities who wish to have their programs ASCH approved for continuing education credits towards membership or certification need to complete a formal application to ASCH’s Standards of Training Committee. ASCH does not grant profession-specific credits such as CME or CEU for external programs.
Approval Request Form in a printer-friendly PDF.
Beginning in early October applications for external program review will only be accepted using an online format. That link will be available shortly.
Information required for the application:
- Program sponsor, program dates, program delivery (in-person/virtual)
- Level of training (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Program description/abstract
- Speakers bios, and curriculum vitae (for non-ASCH members)
- Timed agenda with speaker assignments
- 2-3 learning objectives per session*
- At least 3 primary references for the course content
- Payment of the application review fee
* Don't let the learning objectives hold up your approval. Please review the ASCH/ASCH-ERF Guide to Writing Meaningful Learning Objectives.
Requests should be submitted a minimum of four weeks before the beginning date to ensure time for review and approval.
Approvals granted will be valid until January 1 of the next calendar year and will require resubmission on an annual basis. Approvals for programs submitted and approved in the last quarter of the calendar year will be valid for 15 months.
Sponsors of an approved program will be required to submit completion reports to ASCH following the event.
Completed forms and/or questions should be submitted to email@example.com.